When? Sunday, September 9, 2012
Where? El Centro Asturiano de Tampa
Palm and N. Nebraska Avenues (Free Parking)
Events of the Celebration:
- 11:15 AM Doors open for admission-3rd Floor Ballroom
- 11:30 AM Cultural Lecture on an Asturian Topic by Professor Martin Favata in El Centro’s 2nd Floor Cantina
- 12:00 PM Tapas by Las Damas – including Tortilla Espanola.
- Buffet featuring a regional Spanish menu of Arroz con Pollo, “1905” Salad, Flan, Bread, and Drink prepared by the Columbia Restaurant, Gem of Spanish Restaurants, served in El Centro’s Ballroom. Cash Bar will be available.
- 1:00 PM Presentation of ship model to the Centro Asturiano by the family of Gus Rodriguez
- 1:15 PM Los Caballeros’ 5th Annual Jinete Award Presentation - Recipient: Jose R. Caldevilla, posthumously
- 1:30 PM Local artists will perform and entertain on El Centro’s Ballroom Stage.
- 2:30 PM Las Damas will have their opportunity drawings as the celebration’s finale.
Adults — $40.00 ea. Children to 12yrs. — $15.00 ea.
RSVP by Friday, August 31, 2012- No refunds will be made after Sept. 4, 2012
Reserved tables of eight or ten available upon request.
No tickets will be sold at the door on event day.
For additional information and reservations:
Call Veronica Everett at (813) 689-1572 Email: email@example.com
or Call the Centro at (813) 229-2214 Email: Wendy@centroasturianotampa.org
Los Caballeros and Las Damas are auxiliaries of El Centro Asturiano de Tampa, Inc., a 501 (c) (3) organization. The auxiliaries promote and host events like Día de Asturias during the year, that help preserve the heritage and culture that the Centro Asturiano represents, and work to obtain funding, for preservation, maintenance, and restoration of its building and surrounding property. The Centro Asturiano building is a historic building listed in the National Registry.