A young lady only turns sixteen once in her life. This is the time in her life that our society acknowledges her coming of age through a very special birthday party called, “Sweet Sixteen”. There are many different ceremonies celebrated during this special birthday party. One of them is the candle-lighting ceremony where each of the sixteen candles holds a special meaning by representing certain members of the young lady’s family and her closest friends:
- Candle #1 – Parents
- Candle #2 – Brothers and/Sisters (If there are no siblings, then this candle can represent the grandparents.)
- Candles #3-#6 – The rest of the Family
- Candles #7-#14 – Friends
- Candle #15 – Best Friend(s)
- Candle #16 – Boyfriend or good male friend.
- (Some people add a 17th candle which represents good luck)
The Centro Asturiano de Tampa has all the charm and elegance of a fairy-tale castle, with its turn of the century European architecture, a location truly fit for a princess. Make memories that will last a life time and contact us today to host your loved one’s Sweet Sixteen Birthday party.